Windows 8 on Mac Switch Error

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by gintkenny, Jun 6, 2014.

1. gintkenny, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014

gintkenny macrumors newbie

I install Windows on My Mac with Bootcamp in January this year. Last week i played FSX in Windows and i think i should extend the Windows about 50GB. Yesterday, I try to extend my Windows partition. Winclone said to do chkdsk/b, i do it, but it stuck on 30% so, i push the power button until my MacBook Pro turn off. Today, i try to switch to Windows, but when i hear the start up chime and i press option (alt) there are no option to my Windows, just to the Macintosh HD. Any way to solve this ?:confused:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

How did you extend the partition?

I thought the only way to do so, was to back up your windows partition with winclone, delete it through the bootcamp assistant, recreate it with more space and then restore the winclone backup.

3. gintkenny thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, i use winlcone to backup my Windows, but Winclone say to do chkdsk/b, so i do it yesterday. When the progress reach 30%, i force shutdown it, because i think it stuck. So, now i just reinstall the Windows.:)
    Thankyou