Windows 8 release preview RMBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Free Ale, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Free Ale macrumors member

Free Ale

Hey guys, I am interested in dual booting my RMBP.

First, I was wondering if I get the Windows 8 preview, would I be able to upgrade to the full thing after public release?

If I don't like Windows 8 can I clear the partition and add it back onto my Macintosh HD?

How does Windows 8 run on the RMBP?

Finally, I am downloading the ISO from Microsofts website. Can I use the bootcamp assistant and mount the ISO in there and go from there? Do I need to download some drivers? Also, anything else I left out, would you please tell me.

Thank you everyone.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

not sure how previews upgrade to full versions but i can see why not im guessing eventually it will just want a serial #

and yes if you dont like windows or no longer need it you can delete teh partition and re-add to your mac partition

3. biohead macrumors 6502

I don't think you can actually upgrade to the final release from the RP. Heard it mentioned a few times. Anyway, now that it's out - why not download the 90 day Enterprise Trial direct from Microsoft? It's the full RTM software direct from MS, valid for 90 days.

Yes... if you decide you don't like it you can simple open Boot Camp assistant again whilst in OS X and remove the Windows partition.