windows 8 using boot camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tbluhp, Jun 5, 2012.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. sgtcasey macrumors newbie

I am running Windows 8 on my MBP with BootCamp with no issues. Works great! I followed a guide I'd found online where I would put the drivers and such on a USB drive and then load from that once I got the OS installed.

Dave

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Please post which MBP you have and a link to the guide if you can. I haven't been paying that much attention to this, but most of the posts I have seen have had some driver issues... (Just like we all did before W7 was released).

Thanks.

B

5. sgtcasey macrumors newbie

I wish I had the guide I used but I don't any longer. I remember it was a video on YouTube which walked me through putting the MBP drivers on my USB drive and then just installing Windows 8 from the DVD I'd created with the download from Microsoft. Then I used the USB drive to install the MBP drivers. I was expecting a lot more issues than I had and was pleasantly surprised when it just worked.

I'm using a late-2011 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz i7, 4GB of RAM.

BTW, I'm still somewhat new to Mac OS X so if you need more information just let me know how to get it.

Dave

6. zzLZHzz macrumors 6502

it will be good to compile a list of mac which is working without issue.

i believe during consumer preview there is some issue with graphic driver for early 2010 mbp 13"

therefore i still do not dare to test it with release preview.

but it works fine with my 2011 iMac.