Windows 8 will be able to play XBOX 360 Games

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by TSE, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

1. I don't think, 5 years into the life cycle, that they're still selling at a loss.
    2. This is only a rumor, the code found in Windows 8 could also be used to control your xbox from afar.

I hope I can turn my laptop into an xbox though!

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This is quite interesting! I imagine your PC will have to fall in line with a strict specification though. I don't see them cashing in on Xbox Live Gold - PC users don't want to pay to play online.

4. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

Whilst being able to play xbox games on a PC would be good, I hope that they don't allow PC users to vs xbox users in games.

The thing I like about console gaming is that everyone is on the same playing field because everyone has the same hardware. You buy a game and you know its gonna work the way its suppose to and the same as everyone else game. No one has an advantage or disadvantage (unless of course you have crappy internet). Introducing PCs into the mix would ruin this as there will be a whole new range of hardware in terms of graphic cards etc. and its pretty much common knowledge that a key board and mouse trumps a joystick.

Would allowing xbox games on the PC also open them up to a whole lot more hacking and in game mods?

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

There is so many varying hardware components it is pretty unplausible for Microsoft to offer this feature as it has no control over the myriad of hardware configurations.

The vast majority of PC's sold are low - mid range machine with integrated graphics. Regardless of the ageing xbox hardware, it's still more powerful than that.

Maybe it will be xbox live arcade titles only, but discs ? I just can not believe this.

Certainly it would mean that the sequel to the xbox 360 must be geared up for release next year, there is no way Microsft are going to lose out on console hardware sales which they would certainly do if they did offer xbox 360 compatibilty in Windows 8.

6. Mirrors macrumors member

Watch it be something like Kinect enabled PC games or you can only edit your Avatar.

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I call bs - XB360 runs on PPC, PC's on Intel...

Maybe regular XBox games (that was a PIII).