Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Calot, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Calot macrumors regular

Seeing that the i7 2012 Air has some issues under Windows 7, does it still have them under Windows 8?

I haven't tried Boot Camp because of these issues, but I would really like to try it out.

I saw somewhere that you can have Windows only installed in a 2012 Air, has anyone here done it?

2. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I've got it on my ThinkPad T430s. It's far better than I initially expected.

Working in a cross platform engineering lab it's a must that I evaluate it, even though we will not make the migration in the near future.

The main advantage for me is simply keeping up with what's current. At some point I'll add it to my 15" MBP for convenience.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I don't know where your reading but any Air will install Windows. I have it on mine.

Also what problems are you talking about? I have none.

5. Calot thread starter macrumors regular

Windows does not turbo boost on the 2012 Air with i7, really crippling performance.

Research a bit.

6. thomaskc, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012

thomaskc macrumors 6502

I upgraded my win7 bootcamp to win8 and it runs flawlessly except I still can't get the trackpad to work :/

I have found a few threads about reinstalling the driver but they make no difference for me, they won't install simply. windows just says it encountered a problem. (cMBP 2012)

EDIT: WOOOT got the trackpad working! easy actually! let me know if anyone needs a mini guide.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

You want help but your snotty. Interesting.

My performance isn't crippled so it must be just you.

8. Calot thread starter macrumors regular

Im snotty, you have slowness problems.

ITS A KNOWN ISSUE THAT INTEL AND APPLE HAVE NOT RESOLVED.

If you have NO idea, do not post anything. Take your ignorance elsewhere.

9. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Really? You being the new member suggest you're the one who has no idea how to post for help.

1. I do not have slowness problems. Benchmarks prove it. I do a lot of development in Unity and UDK and am well aware of my systems performance, even on my Air which I use to get work done when I travel.

2. How on earth are we to be psychic and know what particular problem you have? There are lots of various problems people have. Posting something that says "Seeing that the i7 2012 Air has some issues under Windows 7, does it still have them under Windows 8?" is very ambiguous. Even another poster asked you what problems you were talking about.

Again, don't ask for help if you can't be specific and want to be snotty to anyone offering help.

10. TSE macrumors 68030

Nobody help this sack of rude garbage. Bleh. Bad taste in my mouth.

Was going to come in here suggesting some offers of help, but OP doesn't deserve anything.