Windows activation problems with Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DELTAsnake, Jul 31, 2009.

1. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

I have a Bootcamp partition I sometimes access via Parallels, the rest of the time I boot into it normally. I keep getting very annoying messages saying I've got to activate Windows and my copy of Windows is not "Genuine" and it's counterfeit which considering I'm currently running the Win 7 RC is really stupid. How can I have a counterfeit copy of a free RC that I downloaded direct from Microsoft.

I want to put the final version of Windows 7 on my Mac, but at this point I'm not going to try putting any of my retail copies of Windows on my Mac for fear my key will be permanently deactivated. How do I access my Boot Camp install from Parallels without Windows thinking it's been counterfeited?

Attached Files:

2. stewy macrumors regular

the first time you access it thru parallels you do have to re-activate it... i'm not sure why, but it's mentioned in the documentation somewhere...

I had to reactivate a copy of xp after setting it up to run thru parallels, it just asked the first time... was never a problem after that.

3. DELTAsnake thread starter macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

Well every time I change the method of loading Windows from Boot Camp to Parallels it needs me to reactivate. I've probably activated it 30 times by now.