Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chanl

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
East Coast
Okay, but it seems weird that Pangu released on Windows ONLY (when majority of developers and jailbreakers are Apple based) and in CHINESE ONLY. I mean how hard is it to translate a darn website???

Where am I supposed to find a Windows computer WITH iTunes. hahaha Guess I'm like many of us and waiting for the bundle to release (Pangu + Cydia) in a language I can understand.

Girly Rant Over.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
It's not even officially released yet which is why Cydia isn't bundled in.

Once it's released, I'm sure we will see a OSX version.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Mac isn't a priority they've said. Hopefully we at least get an English version.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
Majority of developers and jailbreakers are savvy enough to know how to run Windows on their Mac if they need to.

Okay, but it seems weird that Pangu released on Windows ONLY (when majority of developers and jailbreakers are Apple based) and in CHINESE ONLY. I mean how hard is it to translate a darn website???

Where am I supposed to find a Windows computer WITH iTunes. hahaha Guess I'm like many of us and waiting for the bundle to release (Pangu + Cydia) in a language I can understand.

Girly Rant Over.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Majority of developers and jailbreakers are savvy enough to know how to run Windows on their Mac if they need to.

Also when do developers only use a single computer? Yes they obviously will only develop iPhone apps on their Mac. But most definitely unlike end users, will be using multiple computers in their office.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Whyyyyy can't the Chinese make their first version release in Chinese and not English because I want it in English even though they are Chinese and made the jb for the Chinese market jn the first place whyyyyyyy :rolleyes:

Then you wonder why hackers get tired of being part of the scene...

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Considering Mandarin Chinese is the most spoken language in the world, they are from China, and English is something like third most spoken? I can't imaging why they might release Chinese first... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.