Windows/android and switching

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dbs0026, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbs0026 macrumors member

So I am a windows user along with an android user. I just bought my first ipad 2, but I am thinking I want to move more things to Apple for the ease of use.

I have multiple Windows machines at home, along with a HP Media Smart server with pictures/movies/audio/etc on this box. It has 4 1tb HD's and backs up everything with no issues at all. So odds of getting rid of it right now seem like a bad idea.

My thinking though is that if I switched to the iphone (would wait for the new release) and a Mac Mini Server, I could store more on the mac mini and access that remotely also. I know the icloud is coming soon, but I have 390gb of music, that won't fit in the icloud model. Same with pictures, etc....I want to be able to access that remotely.

Can a mac mini do that with the iphone and what do I need to do in order to make this happen? Thanks in advance!

2. dbs0026 thread starter macrumors member

65 views and no responses? Come on, some one has to be able to help me out.

3. boss.king, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Same here.

Very confusing question and doesn't help that the whole thing is worded poorly.

5. dbs0026 thread starter macrumors member

Worded poorly?

I want to stream from my home to a phone, how is that hard to understand?

Currently android is not working smoothly, can apple do this or is this too complicated for apple devices to handle also?

It's seriously not a difficult question.

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

You wrote your question in a long-winded manner and people couldn't understand it, that's not our fault. Regardless, I answered it, so say thanks rather than getting snappy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.