Windows audio/video file & multi page?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Strom1, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Strom1 macrumors regular

Strom1

I just received my first Apple product(iMac,20'2.4ghz.)and have a couple Questions,how do i open a email that contains a Windows audio/video file attachment and how do i open more then one internet site at once?when i minimize and click on the Safari icon it just reopens the page i minimized.TIA.

2. scr1968 macrumors regular

Depends on the filetype. Many files will open just fine on the Mac. Some you will need a little help. Sounds like this one might be an AVI file or something of that nature. You might find this link useful...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx

Use tabs. In Safari, press APPLE+T to open a new tab. You can have multiple sites open and switch back and forth between them very easily. Once you use tabs there is no going back to multiple instances of the browser.

SCR

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Install Flip4Mac (it's a quicktime plugin). Get VLC player for files that cannot be opened.

For opening multiple web sites, open new tab (with menu on top or keyboard short cut COMMAND-T).

To switch to different apps use COMMAND-TAB or the dock, don't minimize.

4. Strom1 thread starter macrumors regular

Strom1

Thanks for the help,i just spoke to Apple tech support and there telling me to add this Email account to my Apple computer email,does make any sense?the account is a Yahoo account.