Windows/Boot Camp partition not displaying

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 124151155, Feb 19, 2008.

1. 124151155 macrumors regular

I have split my hard disk of my iMac (latest iMac) into two - my Mac OS X partition and Windows partition. I use the windows partition with Boot Camp and VMware Fusion. I haven't worked out the pattern, but I *think* when I use it with Fusion the partition disappears from the desktop and finder and I cannot access except it with Fusion. However once I close Fusion it does not return, even after a restart. I think I only get it back if I boot to windows with boot camp.
    Does anybody know how to prevent this, or get access to my Windows drive back?

Thanks.
    PS: I have the software/files to use NTFS. I have full access to the drive when it is there.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

press "command-shift-G" in Finder and type "/Volumes" is there an alias f your boot camp partition there? double click it.

3. 124151155 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks,
    When I restarted last time it was back, so I'll keep this in mind for next time it happens. Post back to say if it works or not.
    Thanks again.

4. Roadster macrumors newbie

This is a bug with VMWare Fusion, iirc (or at least it was when I last tried it). You need to go into Disk Utility and mount the BC partition again, and it should appear on the desktop.