Windows Bootcamp Size Issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by crovali, Jan 22, 2013.

1. crovali macrumors member

I installed Windows 7 on my new 2012 iMac not too long ago with a bootcamp partition size of 160GB. After I installed it, it showed that I had already used over 41GB of the bootcamp partition. How is this possible? I only installed Windows 7 and all the Drivers. How does that add up to 41GB??

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Did you disable hibernate? If not, google how and check your disk space before & after.

3. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Here are some steps you can do to Gain/Reclaim some free space. I know this seems like a lot but it is very detailed. As you go further down in the list your likely going to be saving less and less space (so start from the top).

Also note that OS X and Windows report space differently. (In OS X 1GB is 953.67432MB | In Windows 1GB is 1,024MB)

______________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]

This is my Windows 7 x64 install.
    (I have 8GB of RAM and keep Programs/Games on a separate partition.)