Windows Booting Back to Mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bulldozer72, Sep 8, 2014.

1. bulldozer72, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

bulldozer72 macrumors newbie

Ok, this question should be bit easier to answer. I recently reinstalled bootcamp and before when I had it when I was in windows and restarted it always came back in windows. Now it will only boot back in the Mac side even when i power it off from the windows partition. It's not terribly inconveniencing me but it's bugging me. Any suggestions?

Noticed my wording is a bit strange. It just didn't happen before when I had bootcamp running no with no issue at all. Now it's like a ghost is holding my alt key on startup and choosing the mac partition (not literally, but it skips that phase completely and boots to the mac partition)

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Make sure the Bootcamp support software is installed -- go to the Bootcamp control panel within Windows -- and select Windows as your startup partition.

3. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

I installed windows 7 today via the USB thumb drive route and I have no Bootcamp control panel within windows, how do I install this ?

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Go back to Bootcamp in OSx and select to download the latest Bootcamp drivers.
    Copy them to a USB, boot back into Windows and then install them.
    Then you'll get the Control Panel applet.