Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WarEagle

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Atlanta, Ga
I installed Bootcamp and Windows XP. Now when ever I restart my Macbook it goes right into Windows XP. How can I stop this, I would like it to go to OSX as default. If I have to redo the install that is fine since Windows crashed during the driver install, damn you windows.
WDE

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I installed Bootcamp and Windows XP. Now when ever I restart my Macbook it goes right into Windows XP. How can I stop this, I would like it to go to OSX as default. If I have to redo the install that is fine since Windows crashed during the driver install, damn you windows.
WDE

I dont have bootcamp installed

*shudders*

but dont you just hold down 'option / alternate)' at start up?

WarEagle

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Atlanta, Ga
I can hold down ALT to go into OSX but have to hold nothing to go into Windows. I would like to switch that, since this is a Macbook why should Windows be the default os. I switched to mac to get away from windows, but still need it sometimes.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Like I said I dont have it installed so I dont know how it works exactly but if you select an OS does it not auto default to that one?

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
In Windows go to the "Startup Disk" control panel which is installed as part of the Boot Camp drivers. it's just like the prefpane in System Preferences in OS X. If you set your machine to boot the OS X partition there, that will be the default.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
In Windows go to the "Startup Disk" control panel which is installed as part of the Boot Camp drivers. it's just like the prefpane in System Preferences in OS X. If you set your machine to boot the OS X partition there, that will be the default.
Another option is that you can hold down the OPTION button during booting, select the Mac OS partition.

After the Mac has booted got to the System Preferences and select the Startup Disk and choose the Max OS X partition/volume. Then whenever you want to boot into the PC just hold down the OPTION key. Otherwise upon reboot, or startup you will always go to the Mac OS unless you select differently via the OPTION button during startup.

Select whichever method works best or is the most convenient for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.