Windows Boots into Low Res.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Washac, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Washac, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Sometimes when using Bootcamp Windows starts up in low res mode, only way I have found to get things as they should be is to put Windows to sleep, then when you awake it, all is OK.

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I assume you've installed the latest version of Boot Camp onto Windows?

3. Gator Bob macrumors regular

I am experiencing the same low res boot up with my new Thunderbolt display. I did not have the same problem with my 4-year old Dell 2408 display. I have a 2011 maxed out 13" Air and all software is up to date.

4. pyoshiha macrumors newbie

Hi, I've decided to subscribe to help you out. I have the same Thunderbolt screen and it would make me nuts when this would happen everytime. At first, I always reinstalled AMD graphic drivers, but that would soon turn out to be frustrating. I found the solution.

Go to Start > type "MSconfig" in the search bar. Press Enter.

In "General" Select "Selective Startup" Then go to "Startup" Now this is useful when you have bugs such as this one, because you can test by trial&error which ones cause problem. I have found that it is Apple's Bootcamp application that causes this (what a coincidence ...)
    Therefore, uncheck Apple Bootcamp click Apply/OK and reboot your computer.

Should work fine. Cheers ;)