windows bootup problem 0XC0000225 on macbook pro

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by winger1998, Jan 1, 2014.

1. winger1998 macrumors newbie

Hello,

My macbook pro is having problem booting into windows now. It is getting this 0XC0000225 at startup. I have searched online and couldnt find any working solution.

I have recently updated the macbook to 10.9, right after the update everything is working ok, and I was able to boot into windows with no problem... but I was wondering if I can revert back to 10.6, so I restored back to 10.6 via time machine... the restore was ok on the OSX side, but now I cannot get windows7 to bootup, and the bootcamp partition cannot be accessd & mounted in OSX neither. The bootcamp partition cannot be found as startup disk in preference, but the windows icon does show up on powerup with alt-option key pressed.

I have tried using the windows7 DVD to do a startup repair. But again, it didnt work because the bootcamp partition cannot be detected by the installation DVD.

Both fdisk & gdisk results dont show any problem.

Is there is any way to get this problem fixed without having to re-install windows again? Really frustrating now...

winger

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

3. winger1998 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. adityavyas macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. How did you fix yours? I'm not able to do anything atm can't even go back to Mac OSX :confused:

5. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

I ran into this exact issue on my nMP and found the solution here. In Step 3.3 you're looking for the small FAT32 partition not necessarily the partition labeled "ESP."