Windows computer to VirtualBox?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jmx, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Jmx macrumors member

Hi,

Is it possible to transfer an installed Windows XP from a computer to VirtualBox in OS X?
    I think i've heard something about Vmware having some tool to make an image from an installed Windows that can run in Vmware... but can you convert the Vmware image so it can run in VirtualBox?

2. Jmx thread starter macrumors member

No one have a clue on this? or know if you can go directly from existing windows to VirtualBox?

3. Gentile macrumors regular

Gentile

How about installing VirtualBox and Windows on your new machine and then using the Files and transfer Wizard? I don't know how extensive this Wizard is. You could connect both computers with an ethernet, usb, or wireless.

Virtualbox has a setting for taking over the USB and ethernet port. I would think it works just like transferring one XP computer to another.

4. Jmx thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.. but i have a PC with XP and i need to get exactly that installation over to VB in OS X.. it has everything set up with accounts for company Exchange and so on.
    Otherwise i would definitely install Xp clean in VB.

Any other ideas.. anyone?