Windows contradicting itself!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ZiggyPastorius, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

So I installed Windows on my Macbook quite a while ago so I could play a few games. Yesterday, I rebooted to get on, and it told me I needed to register my copy of Windows. I was like, what the hell? It confused me because I had already registered it. Anyways, I was like "No problem, I'll just authorise it again." Nope. I click on "authorise now" and it takes me to a popup that says "You have already authorised your copy of Windows. Click ok to continue." So I click ok, and what do you know...it takes me back to the login screen, and it's an endless loop. Any idea what the hell is going on here?

2. Riverside macrumors member

Riverside

Are you sure it's asking you to register? Or is it asking you to "verify" your Windows installation?

Some updates will not install unless you verify. But it's a different procedure, and I'm suspecting that isn't what it's doing. Just a guess.

If it really IS insisting you register, that sounds like a phone call to Microsoft is in order. Hate to say it, but I've never heard of that happening before. I wouldn't know what else to tell you, and I doubt anyone else here will either.

Hope I'm wrong...

MS tech help can sometimes be an absolute nightmare!:rolleyes: