Windows Corruption and Recovery?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by drgarp, Mar 11, 2008.

1. drgarp macrumors newbie

All, I'm having a lot of problems at the moment. I was, key word is WAS, running windows XP (home) on my mac using VMWare Fusion. I tried to resume the OS tonight and I got a corruption.The first issue required me to replace the default, sam, security, software, and system files. Then when I sent to reboot I got a corruption of vgaoem.fon

So I followed another article and replaced that. Now when I reboot I get the "blue screen of death" and the system offers to let me boot in safe mode, which just causes it to reboot again. Now I am really stuck. If nothing else all I really want is my data off out of the VMWare file. Does any one have any recommendations?

Anything would be much appreciated!

-David-

2. stomer macrumors 6502a

You could create a new VM, install windows, then attached your old virtual disk to your new VM. Then grab all of the data that you need.

I guess you didn't make any snapshots?

3. drgarp thread starter macrumors newbie

Mounting virtual disk...

Sorry to ask a potentially dumb question, but it's not clear to me how to mount the old image... I'm afraid I did not do any snapshots... I will, obviously, never do that again!

Thanks,

-David-