"Windows could not display the images available for installation" i5 27" Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ImpostorOak, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ImpostorOak macrumors member

ImpostorOak

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my 27" i5 and I've been having a little trouble.

I heard about people having issues with screens going blank, so I went ahead and followed Apple's instructions on the matter. I put the files they said on an SD card and started into the Windows installer. But after about two screens, it says, "Windows could not display the images available for installation." Then my computer restarts.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

2. ImpostorOak thread starter macrumors member

ImpostorOak

And just for the heck of it, I installed Windows without the SD card in and got past that screen and everything, but I'm getting the black screen that comes from lack of the right video drivers. So I need to figure out why it's not working when I try to do it with the drivers.

3. ImpostorOak thread starter macrumors member

ImpostorOak

Well, I have no idea why Apple's solution wouldn't work, but I got around the black screen by going into repair mode on the Windows DVD, going into command prompt, and deleting the display driver that it was trying to use (which wasn't actually compatible with the card, hence the black screen). That made it default to the vanilla VGA driver so I could actually see enough to install the right drivers.

4. KrazyKap macrumors newbie

Hey i have the same problem, with the new 21.5" mac, but i dont quite understand the third message u have posted. Please help?

5. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

I Had this problem awhile ago, Never got it fixed and gave up, I Wonder what causes it?