Windows devices won't connect to MacBook Pro wifi

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kaybosasuke, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Kaybosasuke macrumors newbie

A year ago I first set up my MacBook Pro to share internet with my iPhone, plugged into an ethernet port, and it worked just fine. Recently I tried also connecting a Windows Asus Netbook and it never managed to connect to my MacBook's network and eventually I assumed the problem was the Netbook and just stopped trying to figure it out because no one else online mentioned this kind of problem. But just now I'm trying to connect a new Samsung Slate 7 to it and again the same problem. It finds the network the MacBook has created, but isn't successful in connecting to it. The only luck I've had is when I remove security settings from the network and then my Slate can connect, but I can't leave it like that because I live in a dorm with a lot of other people living around. I've looked everywhere but can't find a reason why my windows devices won't connect to my MacBook's shared internet when there is a password required. Someone please help

2. davyvfr macrumors regular

3. Kaybosasuke thread starter macrumors newbie

So does that mean MacBook Pros' wifi sharing doesn't work with non Apple products? I've never seen that bit of info anywhere...