Windows display Mac Edited Word file correctly, but print out unedited version ..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by foosayhow, Oct 18, 2012.

1. foosayhow macrumors newbie

I received a word file that was prepared and edited using MS Word 2011 (Version 14.2.4) on McBook Air.

The same file when opened in Windows (both XP with MS Word 2007, Windows 7 MS Word 2010) displayed the edited version correctly. When it was printed out, the changes are not shown, the old information are shown.

Has anyone face such a situation?

What can the MacBook Air User do to resolve this?
    What can I to resolve this?

TIA

FiSH

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The printing issue is on the Windows computer, not the Mac. Files edited on the Mac are edited. The Mac version of Word does not secretly preserve old versions of files. It most certainly cannot prevent a Windows user from printing the edited version and printing the old version instead. It sounds like the Windows user is printing an old copy the file rather than the version displayed.

3. foosayhow thread starter macrumors newbie

Unlikely ..

The issue is this ..

There is no copy of the file on one of the PC (Win 7, Office 2010).
    The Office 2010 display the file correctly, but it print out is different from what is display.

The file is sent via email, and when saved, it is save Extract data Fork only.

I have narrow it down to this ..

The problem area is an embed spreadsheet in the MS Word document. If I edit it and save it (inside windows), the problem goes away. That is not easily don't before the office 2010 complain about incompatibly issue, different version of windows (the mac be a later version). I found this out when I was trying to remove all confidential information, to have it upload as an attachment so that we can discuss the issue fully ..

I wonder if the document is saved as a different format, or if the spreadsheet is embedded differently, then the problem would not appear ..

FisH