Windows don't resize to touch the bottom of screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ftbtef, Jun 28, 2011.

1. ftbtef macrumors newbie

This has bugged me for years, and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or if Apple intended it. I like to have Safari and a few other applications like Mail take up the whole screen from the menubar at the top down to the bottom of the screen (with dock hiding on), and from the left to the right side. However, my windows will never resize to the last pixel on the screen, there is always what seems to be 4 rows of pixels where I can see my wallpaper between the bottom of the window and the end of the screen. I know those 4 rows of pixels don't make much difference, but it just bugs me having that strip of wallpaper at the bottom. Is there a fix for this, or is it permanent?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's permanent, but it's not a big deal.

3. interrobang macrumors 6502

That's the edge where the Dock is. If you move the Dock to a different edge, the zone will move, as well.

There's no way around it, other than to set a less-distracting desktop background and ignore it.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yeah, on a Mac, your topic title is a statement of fact.

I tried to go "full screen" running Windows at work today. Couldn't do it. The task bar did not disappear. Tried it in Excel and Firefox. So, is it just some apps, games maybe, that will really use the whole screen? If not even that, then I don't understand the complaints about Macs not being like Windows in this regard.