windows emulator

Zuplar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
OKCity
is there a free windows emulator i can download to run windows programs? i'm not needing it to run anything super fancy just maybe some games and other programs. any info or help would be great. thanks.

Zuplar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
OKCity
well the game is plasma pong, and it doesn't take much at all to run it so that's why i was wondering.

CavemanUK

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2006
Rhyl, North Wales
is there a free windows emulator i can download to run windows programs? i'm not needing it to run anything super fancy just maybe some games and other programs. any info or help would be great. thanks.
parallels and vmware are the most popular apps for this although technically they dont need to emulate as they require an intel processor (same as windows).. so they are super fast.

Also, they aint free.. but they both off a free trial version..

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Crossover lets you run many .exe without the need for Windows.

Some thing are not compatible, but you do get a free 60 day trial.

Video

cehudson

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
windows emulators free?

I just need to open a few .exe files.... OS X .4.11 ... IS there free download for an emulator?

cehudson

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
uncertain about which download

Thanks Misterme..... sorry, I just don't know how to proceed from the Virtualbox selections.
OS X .4.11 1.67GHz PowerPC 2GB DDR SDRAM

Help is GREATLY appreciated!

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Thanks Misterme..... sorry, I just don't know how to proceed from the Virtualbox selections.
OS X .4.11 1.67GHz PowerPC 2GB DDR SDRAM

Help is GREATLY appreciated!
You can't use it, VB doesn't run on PPC.

You need to find a copy of VirtualPC 7, and not the one for Windows 7 on MS' site.

willandjess12

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2012
I am new to mac. Will using a windows simulator, will it make mac users susceptible to viruses, trojans, etc?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I am new to mac. Will using a windows simulator, will it make mac users susceptible to viruses, trojans, etc?
If you use something like Fusion or Parallels to install Windows, then yes, the Windows installation is susceptible to viruses and such. Your Mac files are safe, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.