Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdubmu

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2012
I have a iMac and a windows 7 laptop.

When I print the same file to the same printer it comes out looking different. I have never experienced this when I had a Windows 7 desktop and a windows 7 laptop.

The Mac Version looks different. In the cells instead of being a straight line, it has a dotted line.

It is the same file, I have tried different methods from email me the file from the windows 7 laptop, to having it in drop box and skydrive. Still no Dice. It is the same printer and I am not sure how to get the file to look the same on both machines. I am not sure if it is a setting issue or not.

I also noticed that Excel on the Mac is very sluggish. Sometimes it takes a long time (maybe twice as long as a the windows version) to open. Sometimes it freezes as well.

For the Document printing, any help would be appreciated :)

samh

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2009
I have a iMac and a windows 7 laptop.

When I print the same file to the same printer it comes out looking different. I have never experienced this when I had a Windows 7 desktop and a windows 7 laptop.

The Mac Version looks different. In the cells instead of being a straight line, it has a dotted line.

It is the same file, I have tried different methods from email me the file from the windows 7 laptop, to having it in drop box and skydrive. Still no Dice. It is the same printer and I am not sure how to get the file to look the same on both machines. I am not sure if it is a setting issue or not.

I also noticed that Excel on the Mac is very sluggish. Sometimes it takes a long time (maybe twice as long as a the windows version) to open. Sometimes it freezes as well.

For the Document printing, any help would be appreciated :)

Curious... what happens if you save each as a PDF? One from Windows, one from Mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.