Windows games?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by giganten, Sep 1, 2007.

1. giganten macrumors 6502a

Can you play windows games in parallels or VMware, like Star Wars Galaxies or can it only handle old games?
    If the answer is no, how long do you think it is before we can play games?

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

3. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is bootcamp easy to use? DO you get longer boot times, and can you uninstall it easy if you dont want it any more?

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

its made by apple, bootcamp is SO easy to use-just hold *option* on startup.

no i have not noticed any longer boot times(in osx) -i consitently get 30seconds including typing in my 16character password

it is also extremely easy to uninstall-the bootcamp application that you download lets you with one easy click

5. l33r0y macrumors 6502

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

7. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

It looks like it will work in crossover 6.1.0.
    http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=23

I dont know anything about this program at all, you dont need a windows copy for this? Is it just to install it and then install your windows programs and use them?
    Will you get a folder or something for the windows programs or will they be installed as OS X program?

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yeap pretty much. its just an emulation program except it doesnt actually need windows OS installed. it will make a directory in your user folder (or anywhere you specify) and install programs to there. i have tried it on at least 5 older and newer games and have been unsuccessful in all of them.

9. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did read something about the new parallels beta support directx 9, would that solve the problem?
    I did also read that parallels only support 64mb vram is that true and how much do you have in crossover?