Windows in a Mac world

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by SwiftLives, Mar 22, 2008.

1. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a job where I have to use Windows. (My employer has a contract with Dell, or so I've been told).

Specifically, I'm a graphic designer. And I'm having to use WinXP. While Adobe CS3 is pretty much identical, I find myself really missing things like exposé and certain keyboard commands.

I know there are a few various specific topics on adjusting to another OS, but I was wondering if there would be enough interest in starting a stickied thread about ways to make Windows more Mac-like? Something that could include links to various programs to download and lists of key commands, etc.?

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

3. SwiftLives thread starter macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Thanks for the link. It looks to be a good resource for skinning XP and Vista to look more like the OS X interface.

Are there any links available to make XP (I don't forsee my company upgrading anytime soon) act more like OS X? Exposé, quick look, and being able to swap the 'Control' and 'windows' keys would be very very helpful.

I've found some links to Exposé clones for Windows, but most everyone describes them as 'flaky' at best.

4. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

I agree, I tried using programs like konfabulator, and there was another Exposé one for Windows XP that I tried but they just weren't very good. They took up a lot of resources and didn't work the way I wanted them too (i.e exactly like Mac OS X).

5. SwiftLives thread starter macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Actually, this may be a perfect topic for the Mac Guides section...