Windows install of Safari Developer certificate

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by robj, Jun 10, 2010.

1. robj macrumors regular

Hi,

In case you don't know, you need to have a developer certificate ( iPhone style ) to develop your own safari extensions. Don't worry, its free.

I managed to get it going in my OSX Safari, you need to install the certificate into your keychain and you're ready to go. When you open the Extension Builder it detects your certificate without any problem.

But, in windows, I downloaded the same certificate and I installed it in the windows certificate store. However safari keeps saying there is no Developer Certificate Installed in the system.

Do you know how should I install this certificate in Windows to let Safari me to create a new extension??

Thanks ;)

2. pdreissen macrumors newbie

Exactly same issue here. In Osx works perfectly fine, in windows certificate is installed correctly, but extension builder doesn't seem to like this!

3. mathfantasia macrumors member

hmm ...

Weird ... I followed the instructions and it worked for me (I know that doesn't help much) ...
    1) had to download SP1 of the Management part of Win XP
    2) used the command line interface that apple told me

I dunno if that helps ...

4. sambao21 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue on my macbook pro. I've tried regenerating the certificate several times, restarted safari, restart osx, and I always get the "No Safari Developer Certificate" message in Build Extensions. Anyone have any ideas?

I actually had this same problem on my work macbook pro, and I got it working when I change the Trust info of the certificate and changed it from Use System Defaults to Always Trust. I tried that on my home macbook pro, but it didn't work.

I'm quite stumped as to why this is not working for me, and seemingly not much is showing up when i google for this problem. Am i just doing something so wrong that's its affected me twice? I'm just following the instructions verbatim on the apple developer request certificate page. Not doing anything else wild.

5. sambao21 macrumors newbie

Figured It Out

so I got it working by manually putting the certificate in the login keychain. when i just double click on the certificate, it only put it in the system keychain, and not the login keychain. after doing this, safari now allows me to build extension.

6. rbattu01 macrumors newbie

@sambao21, What is login key chain? Where can i find it?

7. Cartwheel4 macrumors newbie

Found a solution

I had the same problem on Windows - here is how I solved it for myself. After following the steps on the developer site and submitted the enrollment request, I had to open the Current User Certificate store in MMC and had to drag the developer cert from the "Certificate Enrollment Requests" folder into the "Personal" folder. From that point on it worked. I'm using Windows 7

8. reallyoldman macrumors newbie

I apologize for hijacking your thread but could you please tell me how to do that? I was issued a certificate but it's not in my KeyChain and so I keep getting a 'No Safari Developer Certificate'. Can I add the KeyChain info manually?