Windows Installation Trouble on New SR MB

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Capt Underpants, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Hello all. I took delivery of a new Macbook today, and everything was going great. However, when I tried to install windows on a bootcamp partition, something went wrong. Now my macbook won't boot into Mac OS X. I get a chime on the boot, but no apple. An error message says

"Press any key to boot from CD.....
    Disk Error
    Press any key to restart"

It has come up every time i've booted, and I can't even get the XP CD out of the drive. Ideas? I need some help here...

2. Pim macrumors member

Pim

Try holding Alt when you Boot up, then you can select the partition Mac OS X is installed on. But with windows: I have the same error, after copying files, it reboots and then I get the error. Anyone?

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

After installing or a semi successful (blame it on windows if you will) Bootcamp install, the Mac will sometimes (I've done it 8 our of 8 times and it's always done this) default boot into the windows partition until you tell it from the bootcamp menu in windows that the Mac is the default boot image.

The error your getting is the PC that is basically saying the install probably went bad and it doesn't know how to boot the system, ie., it can't find a windows boot section. Reinstall windows would/should fix it. Then set your default boot image via the bootcamp menu in windows (after you install that as well)