Windows installation won't start through boot camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by iseeyou88934, Jul 6, 2010.

1. iseeyou88934 macrumors newbie

I am currently on a macbook that I bought in the summer of 2008, and I just decided I wanted to be able to run Windows on my laptop. I found my WindowsXP installation disk, a factory disk, and opened up boot camp to install Windows. I was following instructions from another thread on another computer I have at home. I got through partitioning my disk and got the windowsXP installation ready to begin when I realized I couldn't find my MacOSX disk, and thus wouldn't be able to install the Windows drivers after installing Windows (I was running Mac OS X 10.5.8), so I stopped the installation there and un-partitioned my harddrive. I then ordered Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3, and I just received the CD today. I installed Snow Leopard, then did the same thing that I did before with boot camp and partitioned my drive. However, this time when I got to the part where I put in my Windows disk, the computer reboots and starts, but the Windows installation won't begin. It just sits at a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner. I've tried giving it over 30 minutes to start but it just won't go. Logically I would assume there's a problem with the disk, but I used this same disk less than a week ago and got halfway through the installation without any problems. Why won't my WindowsXP installer disk boot up?

Any suggestions are appreciated.