Windows installer with driver & efi (no bootcamp)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by user97908, May 1, 2016.

1. user97908, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016

user97908 macrumors newbie

user97908

Hello,

I have MBPR 12,1 (early 2015 13" mbp retina), with os x el capitan and debian wheezy.
    I want to install windows 10 (or earlier version) on it. The problem is that bootcamp requires a one single partition disk, that I currently don't have.

An option could be making an exact copy of my debian partition on a key, and re-copy it after. But i never did that, i'm not sure it will work, with the linux swap etc.. I don't know the exact commands, because maybe some things have to be done to make it work. I'd prefer to avoid.

So, basically my question is, how to install windows 10 on this machine without any use of bootcamp ?
    -Driver : i guess i'l need the bootcamp drivers : where find them and in which folder of the bootable usb key i should put them ?
    -EFI : where find an efi working folder for a bootable usb key of windows 10 for mac ?

I hope i'm in the right place, if not, can you advice me some board please ?

You would say i should use vmarefusion or parallels, but I need the USB slot to work...

Thanks

Edit : my first updates are that eventually windows 10 need more bootcamp that we could think. Maybe it use some bios virtualisation to run windows. win7 seems to be easier to install on mac machine without bootcamp.

2. user97908 thread starter macrumors newbie

user97908

3. TPadden macrumors 6502a

Since no one has answered, even though I don't have a MBP I'll reply. I have set up several Windows only Mini's and MBA's. There are several ways to do it by "option booting" to a bootable Windows 10 iso. Make a bootable CD/DVD if you have that capability, if not make a bootable USB, boot to it and install Windows then install Bootcamp drivers for all devices that are missing them. Windows 10 setup will allow partitioning as desired, option boot will allow you to choose the desired system partition ......

4. user97908, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016

user97908 thread starter macrumors newbie

user97908

i'm trying but for now all my bootable usb of windows, 7 or 10, are crashing.
    unetbootin doesn't recognize my sub stick (single GUID or MBR Fat32 partition)..
    or dd don't make the usb bootable.

material :

-Windows 7 R7 iso
    -32GB USB STICK
    -MBP R 12,1 (macbook pro retina early 2015 with el capitan)

What i've done for now :

Code:
    sudo diskutil unmount disk1
    sudo dd if=/path/R7.iso of=/dev/disk1
    .. (10min)
    Boot with alt, no "Windows" show up

Code:
    hdiutil convert /path/R7.iso   -format UDRW -o /path/R7.dmg
    sudo diskutil unmount disk1
    sudo dd if=/path/R7.iso of=/dev/disk1
    .. (10min)
    Boot with alt, no "Windows" show up