Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ForkHandles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
I have had two computers to fix in the last four days. An iMac and a PC laptop

The iMac took six hours to find the problem, a dodgy ram chip, and a few hours more to reinstall the whole system from a back up.

The PC has so far taken three Days to get to the point where Windows will do exactly what it is designed to do, not drag its heels like a Neanderthal.
It seems to be taking a few hours more to install Windows 10.

I don't own the PC and have vowed never to touch windows again.

Good luck to all who venture. And thanks for letting me get that off my chest, three blooming days!!!!!!!

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
3 days seems a bit excessive to fix a computer.

I can have one built and up and running Windows 10 in around 3 hours, drivers installed... if there are problems to troubleshoot, maybe 6-8 hours. But 3 days? Yikes.

Fancuku

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2015
PA, USA
I have had two computers to fix in the last four days. An iMac and a PC laptop

The iMac took six hours to find the problem, a dodgy ram chip, and a few hours more to reinstall the whole system from a back up.

The PC has so far taken three Days to get to the point where Windows will do exactly what it is designed to do, not drag its heels like a Neanderthal.
It seems to be taking a few hours more to install Windows 10.

I don't own the PC and have vowed never to touch windows again.

Good luck to all who venture. And thanks for letting me get that off my chest, three blooming days!!!!!!!
The person who asked you to fix their computer should have taken it to a more knowledgeable person. :p

Reactions: craig1024
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.