Windows is slowly taking over my Mac!!!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by voltare, Aug 23, 2009.

1. voltare macrumors member

I have Windows XP set up on my mac under boot camp (Unfortunately, my employer uses a website that only works in IE).

Basically, whenever I turn on the computer, it's a crap shoot as to whether Mac OSX will boot up or Windows will boot up. This is quite annoying. It's almost like Windows is trying to take over my computer! There is an epic struggle going on between XP and OSX!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

1. Hold Option, choose OS X.
    2. System Preferences/Startup Volume, choose OS X.
    3. Search, please; you're not the first. :D

3. voltare thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help. I was looking for that option under boot camp utility.

As to searching, I did do a search, on Google and in this forum. Sometimes you just don't know what terms to search under...

4. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Also the Boot Camp control panel in Windows should let you set the startup disk.

5. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

Just an FYI, this started to happen to me as well, and slowly but surely my Mac OS X side had a huge list of errors. I eventually had to buy Disk Warrior to repair the damaged HD.

It might be a warning sign to check your hard drives with Disk Utility.

6. voltare thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Tallest Skil's suggestion is working so far. I verified permissions and checked my hard drive in disk utility, but everything was fine.