Windows mac Mouse

Grafdude@gmail.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
I'm really annoyed with the way the mouse moves in os x, like when you move the mouse just a little bit, a massive mouse deceleration occurs, and when moving it fast, a huge acceleration occurs. I liked the fact that in windows xp, one was able to untick the "Enhance pointer precision" option in mouse settings which totally disabled mouse acceleration.

I tried a little app called Steermouse, it did help for the accel/decel. thing that I hate, but the mouse tends to be really choppy, so is there any way of making the mouse movements similar to windows xp mouse? Or perhaps a way to fully disable mouse accel/decel?

Grafdude@gmail.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
Well i'll answer my own post, I found a great app by the name of USB Overdrive, I've tested lot's of mouse fix apps and this one is the best for me, now my mouse is almost a windows style mouse. Only problem is it's shareware, costs 20$

You have an option to set the acceleration, so when I set it to "none" well the acceleration was gone, and then by increasing tracking speed or DPI, you can get an "xp style" mouse.

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
I'd rather take Steermouse over USB Overdrive. Steermouse is updated more regularly and in the case of USB Overdrive it caused a conflict with my macally keyboards which Steermouse didn't.
Steermouse review
byakuya

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2007
Well i'll answer my own post, I found a great app by the name of USB Overdrive, I've tested lot's of mouse fix apps and this one is the best for me, now my mouse is almost a windows style mouse. Only problem is it's shareware, costs 20$

You have an option to set the acceleration, so when I set it to "none" well the acceleration was gone, and then by increasing tracking speed or DPI, you can get an "xp style" mouse.
I thought "Shareware" didn't cost anything.... Does the $20.00 mean I have to pay before I try it or does it time out unless I get some sort of code? How exactly does this work? I would like to try it out because I don't like the decelleration of the mouse either.

tjevans

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2006
"Freeware" doesn't cost anything. Shareware generally has a trial period and a relatively low price (I'd say $20 and less is average).