Windows mac Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Grafdude@gmail., Aug 4, 2007.

1. Grafdude@gmail. macrumors newbie

I'm really annoyed with the way the mouse moves in os x, like when you move the mouse just a little bit, a massive mouse deceleration occurs, and when moving it fast, a huge acceleration occurs. I liked the fact that in windows xp, one was able to untick the "Enhance pointer precision" option in mouse settings which totally disabled mouse acceleration.

I tried a little app called Steermouse, it did help for the accel/decel. thing that I hate, but the mouse tends to be really choppy, so is there any way of making the mouse movements similar to windows xp mouse? Or perhaps a way to fully disable mouse accel/decel?

2. Grafdude@gmail. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i'll answer my own post, I found a great app by the name of USB Overdrive, I've tested lot's of mouse fix apps and this one is the best for me, now my mouse is almost a windows style mouse. Only problem is it's shareware, costs 20$

You have an option to set the acceleration, so when I set it to "none" well the acceleration was gone, and then by increasing tracking speed or DPI, you can get an "xp style" mouse.

3. Frisco macrumors 68020

I've heard your complaint before and USB Overdrive also helped them out.

4. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I'd rather take Steermouse over USB Overdrive. Steermouse is updated more regularly and in the case of USB Overdrive it caused a conflict with my macally keyboards which Steermouse didn't.
    Steermouse review
    byakuya

5. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I thought "Shareware" didn't cost anything.... Does the $20.00 mean I have to pay before I try it or does it time out unless I get some sort of code? How exactly does this work? I would like to try it out because I don't like the decelleration of the mouse either.

6. tjevans macrumors member

tjevans

"Freeware" doesn't cost anything. Shareware generally has a trial period and a relatively low price (I'd say $20 and less is average).