Windows media player for mac

Tom Foolery

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Toronto, Canada
so i have been trying to watch some videos online that require wmplayer. i have downloaded it and also the thing that lets you play wmplayer files in QT. so if anybody has any sudjestions they would be much appreciated
thanks

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Media Player for Mac is trash (and out of development IIRC) using Perian, and Flip4Mac will let you use Quicktime to play back just any video file you can throw at it. The advantage here being that now you can play all those files in Front Row as well.

Comment

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
I'd like to suggest that we are all living on a dust speck on an elephants nose.

Comment

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
but i'm talking about playing videos online in full screen. not the files that i already have on my computer
Oh, for Pete's sake! Flip4Mac is a free download. There is no reason to sit around worrying about what might not work. Download it and use it.

Comment

Tom Foolery

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Toronto, Canada
i already have that flip it thing and it works that's not what i'm asking. win windows when you stream an online video you can watch it in full screen but you can't do that in mac. i can already play the videos i just want to watch them in full screen cause they're way too small

Comment

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
i already have that flip it thing and it works that's not what i'm asking. win windows when you stream an online video you can watch it in full screen but you can't do that in mac. i can already play the videos i just want to watch them in full screen cause they're way too small
Here, this will get it full screen (since you want to watch them full screen, you obviously are ok with not doing anything else)

Place your mouse cursor in the middle of the video, now, hold control and start to scroll up. This should zoom your view in.

Comment

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Go to system prefs -> Flip4Mac.

Check the box that says "Launch quicktime player"

Now, online videos will open in quicktime rather than embedded in the browser window, and you can then make the quicktime window fullscreen.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.