Windows media player for mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tom Foolery, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Tom Foolery macrumors regular

so i have been trying to watch some videos online that require wmplayer. i have downloaded it and also the thing that lets you play wmplayer files in QT. so if anybody has any sudjestions they would be much appreciated
    thanks

2. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

3. TheStu macrumors 65816

Media Player for Mac is trash (and out of development IIRC) using Perian, and Flip4Mac will let you use Quicktime to play back just any video file you can throw at it. The advantage here being that now you can play all those files in Front Row as well.

4. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

5. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

I'd like to suggest that we are all living on a dust speck on an elephants nose.

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Perian and Flip4Mac allow you to play tons of codecs in Quicktime, while VLC can play almost anything standalone :)

7. Tom Foolery thread starter macrumors regular

but i'm talking about playing videos online in full screen. not the files that i already have on my computer

8. DanB91 macrumors 6502

ive been trying to figure this out myself.

9. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

10. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Oh, for Pete's sake! Flip4Mac is a free download. There is no reason to sit around worrying about what might not work. Download it and use it.

11. Tom Foolery thread starter macrumors regular

i already have that flip it thing and it works that's not what i'm asking. win windows when you stream an online video you can watch it in full screen but you can't do that in mac. i can already play the videos i just want to watch them in full screen cause they're way too small

12. TheStu macrumors 65816

Here, this will get it full screen (since you want to watch them full screen, you obviously are ok with not doing anything else)

Place your mouse cursor in the middle of the video, now, hold control and start to scroll up. This should zoom your view in.

13. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Go to system prefs -> Flip4Mac.

Check the box that says "Launch quicktime player"

Now, online videos will open in quicktime rather than embedded in the browser window, and you can then make the quicktime window fullscreen.