Windows Media Player Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by highblksocks, Jul 31, 2007.

1. highblksocks macrumors newbie

I just downloaded wmp 9 for os X and it has been working great. But, when I went to a website I get this "WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER NOT INSTALLED
    Windows Media Player is not installed or was not correctly registered as a plug-in.

Please click visit www.microsoft.com to install the latest version of Windows Media Player."
    Can someone please help me is there a setting that I have to change? this is the website if it helps http://tv.arsenal.com/default.aspx?p=channels/C4_S2&a=26592 thanks

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Well you shouldn't be going to that website anyway, try this one. Have you guite and restarted your web browser. If that doesnt help try out flip4mac

3. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER FOR MAC!

It is super outdated, is not Intel native, and Microsoft says so. Instead download the Flip4Mac QuickTime plugin.

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Microsoft themselves recommend Flip4Mac over their dated version of Windows Media Player. You'd more than likely have more luck trying that. :)

EDIT: beaten by less than 60 seconds by dpaanlka. Ah well:p

5. highblksocks thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks alot i'll have to try that. and sorry xUKHCx go gunners. but i do wish we got Babel

6. highblksocks thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so i downloaded flip 4 mac but and the installation screen i get a box that says

the following quicktime components may be incompatible with flip4mac: popwirewmv-9import & popwire wmv-9 export please remove before continuing installation.

does this happen to everyone??

7. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

That looks like it's because you have Windows Media Player installed. Try uninstalling it and then try installing Flip4Mac. :)

8. highblksocks thread starter macrumors newbie

yessss it was . thank you so much it works now

9. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon