Windows Media player

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rm2092, May 4, 2008.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

I have a Sirius account and I would like to listen to it on the internet but the problem is listed below
    I have windows media 9 installed and the lastest flash installed also and all I get are the messasges listed, any help would be great, thanks....

Safari can’t display content on this page.

Some content on this page requires an Internet plug-in that Safari doesn’t support. The application “Windows Media Player” may be able to display this content. Would you like to try?

the playlist format is not reconized

2. kflook macrumors member

Flip4Mac

I don't know if this will help for Sirius or not, but have you downloaded Flip4Mac? I had to do that to listen to DC101 online.

3. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

He is correct Flip4Mac is the answer. The free plugin is funded by Microsoft noted in this press release ---> Here

You can download the quicktime plugin ---> Flip4mac

4. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

Hmmm that did not work I just get the same message, it seems that download works with quicktime but the siruis is using windows media.

5. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

It works now I just thought of rebooting the computer and wow, thanks for the help.

6. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

I am also a huge sirius listener (as well as a losing investor). I would recommend Sirius Mac. It's a third party app and it works great. I believe the website is siriusmac.com. It's basically a little app that looks like a stiletto. You can get the high quality stream with it as well.

Mike

7. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Oh, and heres another one. starplyr.com. This one is in a free alpha stage (I think you may have to pay for it later). It has a lot more features though.

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Where do you get that? Microsoft endorsed Flip4Mac when it dropped Windows Media Player 9.0 for MacOS X. The Flip4Mac plug-in was free before Microsoft endorsed it. It was free after Microsoft endorsed it. Microsoft did, however, provide a link to download Flip4Mac. Nowhere at no time did anyone say that Microsoft would fund Flip4Mac, either in the press release or anywhere else.