Windows Mobile 7 Development on Mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Pentad, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

Hello all,

i was wondering if anybody here was developing for Windows Mobile 7 on their Mac? It may seem strange but I'm a Windows Mobile 7 developer and I really, really like it.

I know it goes against the grain here but I am a huge fan of Visual Studio. I really enjoy CSharp, C++, and VB.net. Though I'm partial to CSharp.

Anyway I joined the beta SDK program (its free) and I really enjoy programming for Windows Mobile 7. I noticed many other developers are using Mac as well. In fact, one of the presentations you can view shows Microsoft employees using a MBP.

I'm flipping between VMWare and Bootcamp because the XNA code requires a DX10 card which VMWare doesn't use. Though VMWare is great for Silverlight stuff.

Anyway, anybody else here doing dev work? I have had some quirks with the beta SDK on my MBP and I was hoping I could compare notes with other here.

Cheers!
    -P

2. Mike225 macrumors 6502a

Mike225

I didnt know it was possible to code for it on OSX. Btw its Windows Phone 7 now. :p