Windows Mobile on iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KFCTR, Dec 31, 2007.

1. KFCTR macrumors member

KFCTR

I was wondering if wm6 can be run on iPod Touch? It can help install many needed apps.

2. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

probably not.

3. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

It might help install apps, but I would imagine that those apps would be useless (due to incompatabilites with the OS and the multi-touch interface). If you were going to go that route, why not just buy a WM6 smart phone?

4. franzmueller macrumors regular

Like buying a Mercedes and then installing a crappy chinese engine on it ?

You must be kidding :confused:

5. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

lol, that is funny. a mercedes with a yugo engine in it. However, many people insist on buying a mac just to toss windows on it as well.

6. macbattle macrumors member

If this was like 4 years ago I would agree, hell even 3 years ago. But that not the case now.The analogy should be putting a Mitusbishi Evo motor in a Acura. Acura being Apple(both are pretty stale in the offerings, and Evo being WM(has a lot potential but rarely is uses). The Touch could have been sooo much more. Apple could have blown the competition away but they only just slightly moved ahead.

7. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Meh. We'll see how the SDK pans out. If you look at what people are doing with no official support or documentation on Jailbroken touches, it's pretty impressive. It took WM 6 or 7 versions to get it right, over like 13 years (way back to Windows CE) and already the iPhone/iPod touch OS is better... it just lacks the apps to make it useful... so, as I said, we'll see what the SDK brings in a few months.

8. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

you dont buy a TV than take a baseball bat to it do you?