Windows Mobile?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wayland1985, Dec 9, 2008.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

Who here is using a windows mobile phone with their Mac???

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I am using a Motorola Q9 Global with Windows Mobile 6.1. I use The Missing Sync to sync to my iMac. Before my wife dropped her Blackberry Pearl into a hottub we used The Missing Sync as well. They work great! Well worth the money.

3. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

Have you experienced any problems with it? I've read a few posts on here saying it was a big waste of their money...

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

What was a big waste of money? The phone or the syncing software?

5. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

the software. I was told it didn't operate well, and left their phones and computers in a mess. :confused:

A question for you though. It says on the website it'll transfer calendar evens from your computer to your phone, but will it take phone calendar events and put them in iCal?

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have used two different versions of The Missing Sync (Blackberry & Windows Mobile) and find it to be worth the money. I haven't had any problems using either version. While I haven't used it, I have heard terrible things about Pocket Mac, another program used to sync Windows Mobile and Macs.

Missing Sync will take events and phone numbers from your phone and put them into iCal and Address Book. It will even take the pictures on your phone and import them into iPhoto. Again, I highly recommend this program.

7. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome!

Now, I see you have the iPhone and a Windows phone. I had an AT&T Tilt for a few days before returning it for the iPhone (the tilt had some hardware issues), and I'm kind of sick of waiting for MMS and Copy/Paste. Which phone do you prefer? Both phones can do what I need them to do (minus the iPhone's missing parts) as far as software goes...

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Through a series of unfortunate events, I ended up giving my iPhone to my wife to use. I got the Q9 because it was free after the mail-in rebate and I wanted a phone that I could sync with my mac to keep calendar, contacts, etc. on my phone. I don't have a data plan with the Q9, because I didn't want to get dinged for another $30/month (in addition to wife's & daughter's $20/month iPhone data). I wish at&t had an unlimited family data plan.

The Q9 is nice, and I've only had it for 2 weeks, so I'm still kinda getting used to it. However, in my opinion the iPhone is way better.