windows on a mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jorbaud, Oct 31, 2010.

1. jorbaud macrumors newbie

If I wanted to put windows on my mbp would i need a cd? I have the cd from my old computer would that work or would I need to buy a new one?

2. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Depending on the type of license. Windows installations need to be activated. Make sure no other computers are using the same license and you can install - Boot Camp works with XP (Service Pack 2 or 3), Vista, and 7. You install from the CD - run Boot Camp from Applications/Utilities; it will walk you through the installation. Remember to print the instructions when prompted.

3. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I used to only use bootcamp, but I have more recently started using parallels. And yes you need a valid copy of windows with a license.

4. jorbaud thread starter macrumors newbie

If it was a license for one computer can I still use it? I do not use my old computer that I downloaded windows on.