Windows on mac and Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by knight42, Mar 6, 2008.

1. knight42 macrumors newbie

Hi all
    After trying to avoid it for years, its seems Im going to have to buy either XP or Vista to run on my Mac. Im just getting into web design and have had a few problems with pages/sites looking perfect in Safari and Firefox, but looking rubbish (or not working at all) in IE.

So my question is, when you run IE in windows on say Bootcamp or Parallels do things look exactly the same as they do on a normal windows box? Or am I better of just getting a whole PC and running two machines? I know obviously programs run etc on bootcamp, but is layout, graphics exactly the same as a windows box or is it more mac-ed up?

Thanks!

2. rand() macrumors regular

It will look absolutely, exactly the same. That's how I do my web development as well.

To a virtualized Windows, the OS X window that it's running in is simply a screen that it writes graphics to, just as if it were running in it's own box with a separate monitor. There's no native OS X graphics at all within that space.

-rand()

3. Pees330 macrumors 6502

Yes it will be the same as it would be seen on any IE. You are actually running the full OS so it's the same.

4. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Agree with everyone. No worries. When you run Windows on a mac, it looks exactly the same. As a matter of fact, everything runs a little faster.

5. knight42 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies! Was thinking it would be the same but wanted to check with some people in the know before I went and brought Windows. Thanks again!!!!!