Windows on Same Drive As OS X?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by gvdv, Aug 13, 2007.

1. gvdv macrumors regular

Hi,
    I'm about to finally buy a mac pro (after a lot of delays) and I'm contemplating installing Windows XP in addition to using OSX.

I've read conflicting accounts about how to configure a Mac for use with Windows.

Do I have to install XP *on the same internal hard drive* as OSX (in a different partition, of course) or can I put it on a different, internal drive?

Also, if I choose to not install XP right now, how easy/difficult would it be to transfer OSX to a new (probably bigger) hard drive in the future, so that I can also install XP at that time?

Thanks for any help that you can give me,

GVDV.

2. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

With the mac pro you have the option of installing Xp on a seprate internal drive if one is available. Its not nessary but it makes sense to if you have a spare drive. You would be perfectly fine installing on the same drive as OS X, you will need to partion it of course.