Windows only Logitech mice on OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Zweben, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Zweben macrumors member

Zweben

Hi. I'm getting sick of my Mighty Mouse (wired). The scroll ball keeps getting dirty, and the resolution isn't high enough for the high tracking speed I need to use it with a 30" display.

I'm left handed though, so that severely limits my choices.

The lefty Logitech MX 610 and the G3 both look good, but Logitech says they're Windows only. Does anyone know if they'll work on a Mac anyway? (I don't care if the stupid indicator lights on it work) Will I need USB Overdrive for them or not?

Otherwise, any other non-notebook sized, symmetrical mice to suggest? Don't care if it has a cord or not. Don't care how many buttons it has. Just care about the tracking DPI and that it has a tilt scroll wheel.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

They'll work as mice just fine. Just don't expect all the features to be enabled in the Logitech Control Center for OS X, if any.

3. Zweben thread starter macrumors member

Zweben

As long as all the buttons work.

What about the Wireless Mighty Mouse? Since it's a laser mouse and the wired one is LED, is there a noticible improvement in tracking resolution?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'd only get the Wireless Mighty Mouse just to avoid the dongle.

I'm a fan of Logitech mice.

5. Zweben thread starter macrumors member

Zweben

I like Logitech mice too. I really like the scroll ball on the Mighty Mouse though... i'd probably miss it if I got a Logitech mouse.

But I have the tracking speed up all the way so I don't have to move my arm a foot to get across the screen, and the wired Mighty Mouse sucks at that speed.

If you move it slowly, you can see the cursor jittering around... no good for Photoshop work.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I suggest giving Mouse Zoom a look. OS X doesn't really handle pointer acceleration very well to be honest, but that's my opinion.