Windows + OS X

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ShaneBunting, Aug 14, 2013.

1. ShaneBunting macrumors regular

Ok, so I know I can't have Windows on my optibay drive for some reason, (if I can, let me know how?)

So I was thinking.. what about Windows 7 on my PRIMARY SSD, and Mac OS X on the second internal drive?

Would this work and what's your opinion?

2. Steelseries macrumors member

I woudn't recommend it. There is a high chance chance you will encounter some problems.

3. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

I don't see any reason why that should not work. OS X is usually more forgiving about its install location that Windows. With that said, I have never added an additional hard disk to a computer that is not supposed to have it as it causes issues in many cases (installing an OS is one of those).

4. tjgonzo macrumors member

tjgonzo

I have had a similar setup before. I was doing a lot of Drafting and needed to use AutoCAD so I only installed Windows 7 on an SSD and once Windows was installed (and all the apple drivers were loaded) the machine worked perfectly fine.

5. ShaneBunting thread starter macrumors regular

I might give it a go and report back. Thanks!

To confirm though, you do know what I mean when I say I can't run Windows on the Optibay as the Mac just won't install or boot from it :S