Windows partition disappeared after Lion installation?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by oem, Jul 25, 2011.

1. oem macrumors newbie

After I recently installed Lion, I noticed that upon booting I was confronted every time with some kind of hard disk error, basically saying something along the lines of my Windows partition couldn't be mounted or found (This was visually visible in the Disk Utility as what was my Windows partiton was now greyed out and un-selectable).

Anyway, as I never really used my Windows partition I thought I'd just get rid of it (however I'd never done this before) so I just went into Disk Utility, selected my 1 TB HD, clicked on the Partition section, selected my Windows partition (which was roughly 115 GB) and clicked the "-" button. This then appeared to remove the Windows partition. Great it's gone completely! (Visually it has) I thought, however when I now try to increase the size of my Macintosh HD partition to the full 1 TB it errors with "Partition failed with the error: Couldn’t modify partition map because file system verification failed."

So I thought I'd try verify my main hard disk "1 TB ST310000528ASQ Media" to check if anything is wrong, and it reports back with everything fine, no errors and "The partition map appears to be OK". Perfect, well everything appears to be alright?...

However If I try "Verify Disk" with my "Macintosh HD" I get the error: This volume Macintosh HD was found corrupt and needs to be repaired. "This disk needs to be repaired, then use Disk Utility to repair this disk." - Isn't that what I'm already doing? Also "Incorrect number of file hard links" appears in red in the log before the error.

I really need some help here as I've basically lost around 115 GB of space, and I'm pretty clueless about this whole partitioning thing. I'd just like 1 TB of 100% Mac.

Thanks

:apple::confused:

2. oem thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone got any suggestions? I'd really not like to have to wipe my entire HD!

3. oem thread starter macrumors newbie

I still have this problem, can anyone offer any help at all, I really don't know what to do.