Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Murry33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
So I've got windows running fine on my imac, problem is that for one reason or another, I can't use any mouse or keyboards. On startup, when I hold the option key to choose which OS I want to use they work. When I'm using the mac OS they work. I've even tried using my microsoft mouse, it doesn't work either.

I was told that after installing the operating system I had to insert the mac osx installation disk so that bootcamp could install the drivers (at this point the mouse/keyboard was working). After everything was installed I restarted like I was supposed to, but when windows xp started up again no mouse or keyboard would work.

I've tried my wireless apple keyboard, my wired apple keyboard, my wireless apple mouse and my wired apple mouse and nothing works.

Any insight as to what the problem could be or how to fix it?

ctyhntr

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
Sounds like a driver issue. In this case, the driver initially installed by Windows works better than the one with the Mac OSX disc. You could try rolling back the driver. Mac OSX disc, are you using the retail or the one that came with the machine. FWIW, I read somewhere that the Windows drivers on Mac OSX restore disc only have drivers for that particular machine, whereas the retail version has drivers covering every model Apple has produced to date. Meaning the Mac OSX disc that comes with the 15" macbook may not have all the drivers for the 13" macbook.

Murry33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
I'm using the osx disc that came with the machine. What I've done now though (because I'm an impatient little ****) is delete the partition and start again. This time I'm thinking that I won't need to install the drivers off of the mac osx disc through boot camp and just leave it as it is.

That is, unless other things like the wireless don't work or if there's something else that I don't know about that boot camp does in the process of installing the drivers.

Thanks for the response though.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
You may also try downloading the boot camp 3.1 update off of apple's website. Not entirely sure if that will work, but it seems like it should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.