windows partition not recognizing mac installation disc in order to install drivers

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JJBro1, Jul 22, 2009.

1. JJBro1 macrumors regular

I have just installed a windows vista partition on my 17 inch macbook pro and when i insert the mac osx installation dvd in order to install the mac drivers the on the windows partition the d drive shows that something has been inserted but the cd has no name and whenever i try to click on it says nothing is on the cd. However when i insert the dvd in the mac osx partition it reads the dvd fine. Why is this? There is a scratch on the dvd but what difference would it make if the mac partition is reading it fine?

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

3. JJBro1 thread starter macrumors regular

boot camp

4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I'm thinking the correct driver for the DVD drive wasn't installed in windows.
    If you can connect to the internet in windows, try to search the net for the correct driver.

Also did you format the windows partition as FAT32 or NTFS?

If it's fat32, just copy the drivers off the disk while in OSX over to the win partition.
    Otherwise if you have a USB thumbdrive, format it to FAT32, and copy the drivers to it, then open it inside Windows.

Those are all the ideas I got for now. Hope it helps.

5. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

If it is formatted as NTFS you could download ntfs-3g and then would be able to copy the drivers off the disk directly to the bootcamp partition.