Windows Partition Wont Open?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DaKyd55, Mar 12, 2011.

1. DaKyd55, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011

DaKyd55 macrumors member

i have windows 7 on a partition. i was using it and then i closed my laptop and went to sleep. when i woke up and opened it, the computer was off (it was plugged in all night and has 100% battery) when i turned it on and went to the windows partition it showed me the black/dark grey screen where it usually shows text but it stayed like that, no text or nothing, and it wont open. i dont know i this is related to the fact that it only has 1.8gb free. how can i get it working?

when i opened it with parallels it told me that the partition could not wake up from hibernation. but then parallels opened it and it worked. it still does the same thing as before when i open the partition by itself. how can i wake it up?

Attached Files:

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

So you can log into Windows if you use Parallels but not when you boot from it natively?

3. DaKyd55 thread starter macrumors member

yeah when i try to boot it natively it stays in the dark screen. the screen shot was when i first opened it with parallels. when i hit enter it let me log in

4. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

If you can get back into Windows using Parallels, open up Command-Prompt in as an administrator and type in:

powercfg -h off

This will disable hibernation mode on Windows and hopefully delete the hyberfil.sys file and allow you to boot into Windows natively.

That's what I would try first.

To turn it back on, type:

powercfg -h on