Windows Partitioning Stuck at 98%

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Variant, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Variant macrumors 6502

Variant

Hi, I've searched all over for the solution to my problem and have come up with few results.

Basically I am running Boot Camp Assistant and during the partitioning process, the progress bar has stopped at 98%. I've about people messing with it during this stage and ending up loosing the allocated partition space.

Any suggestions what to do?

Also, as I was burning the .ISO (my University provides Vista as a free download) I got an error during the verification process. I looked at the DVD contents and everything seems fine. Should I trust it, or try burning it again?

2. Variant thread starter macrumors 6502

Variant

Alright, figured out both of these problems.

First of all, it did partition correctly, but it didn't bother to tell me! I closed Boot Camp Assistant and started it up again and found that it had finished the partition.

As for the .ISO, it got me to Windows installation, but said there where files missing and then exited.

Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

Now for the Verification while burning the disk image. Does anyone know why an error would occur during this process?