Windows Partitions...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by SnowLeopard2008, Sep 2, 2008.

1. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I just got around to purchasing Vista Ultimate to replace my Boot Camp of XP Pro. Is it safe to remove the partition and re partition to drive, will it do any harm to my Macintosh HD volume? Just taking precautions, so please understand if I seem a little paranoid.

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Yes it's safe just delete it with bootcamp assistant & your good to go again

3. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

thanks! I had a problem with deletig boot camp partitions in the past, I think that was due to the fact that there is a Macintosh HD partition, a Boot Camp One, and two other little partitions used by the Mac OS, which I deleted by mistake during installation of XP. That's why I was a little hesitant with the removal process, but it's all good, I'm typing this on Vista, no problems so far.

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Yer if you try to delete the partitions manually mistakes can happen ( ie delete the wrong partition ) those little ones ( usually 200mb ) are the swap partitions and shouldn't be deleted. This is why its wise to use the assistant as it can only delete the windows partition